2.14.2012

Self Love Smoothie >>>

Today is Valentine's Day. All the people James works with think he is a crazy liar when he tells them his wife does not want anything for valentines day. Im honestly just really not a fan. I definitely think its a major over commercialized holiday, and we personally choose not to put too much recognition into it, and would much rather show that kind of love everyday, throughout the year. Im definitely not anti love!  So, for this Valentine's Day I decided to practice some self love, since it is Self Love Awareness Month.  I keep my fridge stocked with all of the yumminess to make awesome smoothies all the time... but, I let myself get lazy in actually making them most of the time.  So today, Im changing that.  I made one of the best smoothies Ive ever made too!  I love how smoothies are soooo versatile with whatever you happen to have on hand.  Its fun making them different everytime. 


Today I used coconut milk, raw organic coconut, orange juice, flaxseed, mineral water, grapes, dandelion, sunflower sprouts, spinach, frozen strawberries, banana and mango.  Yum!!!


Later today Ill be sharing with you a 30-day yoga challenge a dear friend of mine has set up.  There will be 4 or 5 bloggers who will be reaching out to anyone who want to joins us for a month long run of practicing yoga daily.  (you can insert anything you want besides yoga.  ill be doing a split yoga/hooping practice).  Ill share more details with you later on how to join us in this fun self love quest!

PEACE,
Laura

8 comments:

  1. This sounds delicious. I have been wanting to make more smoothies and eat healthier. xo, rv

    http://aneclecticheap.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just had a smoothie this morning. my old standby is spinach, orange juice, banana, soymilk, flax meal or wheat germ, and a little stevia. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you on Valentine's Day!! It seems very un-romantic to go out to eat and wait a couple of hours to be seated and served.

    Now I want to go make a smoothie ;)

    thatsmellifluous.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. im just like you. i dont want gifts on a day where someone say they should if they loved you. i know my husband loves me everyday, without receiving gifts.
    i also feel like love shouldnt just be for that ONE special person. we should love all.
    -m

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum!! Makes me want to make a smoothie everyday too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. O wow, that sounds so yummy. I am inspired!
    Cheers Lovely xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. That smoothie looks... interesting!!
    I'm really excited about the 30 day yoga thing! I've been dying to get into yoga lately!!
    xo Heather
    http://ahopelessnotebook.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. That smoothie looks so good! My favorite is frozen mango, kale, strawberry, avocado, flax, and almond milk!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!