2.05.2012

Nourishment for my soul >>>

 Just some randomness from my days...  Miss Violet has been a dirty pup from the rain.  She is so darn cute.  She is enjoying the cool breeze on the porch this morning.


 I have been smitten with the robin's this year.  They have just covered our backyard.  Its been hard to snap good pics of them but I got a few kind of decent ones.  They are beckoning the beautiful spring on.  


 One of my favorite simple breakfast feasts is this below... some grapes (or other fruit), peanut butter toast, and my liquid vitamins in juice.  Just right.  Yum.


 The other day before I did my crazy yard work, I spent a bit of time welcoming the spirit of all that was around me in.  And did some releasing as well before that.  Its hard to tell just how big this sage bundle is from the pics, but its HUGE.  I lit the end of it, and totally over estimated this bad girl.  She began smoking so much it looked like my backyard was on fire, ha ha.  It was hilarious!

 I love this feather wand, it was my mom's.  In due time, Ill be making my own for my one of my Soulodge crafts.  Im going to use one of the large turkey feathers my mom collected forever ago.  I have a few that I have carefully preserved, just as she did for most of my life.  Im so very behind on working through the lodge, but I have decided to just take it at my own pace regardless.  I must not force these things.

Yesterday James and I watched The Shift by Wayne Dyer.  It was very uplifting and insightful, and explained so much of what has been going on inside of me over these last few months.  And pointed on so much of the things Ive been reading in his books as well.  Sometimes its easier for me to understand when its spoken to me as opposed to reading it.  Im so glad James loved it too.  We even had discussions from it before bed.  I love that we have been able to open up together in these ways even though we are both on very different parts of our path.  Its been a beautiful thing for our marriage.  We both have different spiritual outlooks, but we hold respect for each other in them and never push or banter the other in those ways.  I think we are both going through our own shifts right now, for sure.

PEACE,
Laura

12 comments:

  1. I know you mentioned this before but I forget...where did you get that sage bundle from? The kind that I've been buying from Whole Foods just doesn't seem to smoke much. It typically just fizzles itself out before I've properly smudged. Annoying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this little peak into your life, you have such a lovely soul. I love the photo of the robins!

    http://ahopelessnotebook.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. heather, this one was my moms. not sure where she got it. i just got one from julie of peaceful peacock, her button is on my side bar. they are lilac sage though, not just sage.

    heather belle, thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just LOVE that your posts are always so spiritual.
    I have a cruel lack of it, I live in a big city, and there is no way I can go for a walk in the nature, forest ... I miss it because I am "viscerally" attached to this land, where I'm from ...

    Take care of you, Laura !!!
    xoxo Moïra

    ReplyDelete
  5. great post, I really enjoyed reading this

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have peanut butter and honey toast every morning. :) Seriously the best.

    What sort of speaker is Wayne Dyer? I've never heard of him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. that dog is WAY cute

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Wayne Dyer! Love sage/smudge sticks too. We gave them away along with local honey as wedding favors! And Violet look adorable, as always. xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. i want to hug violet:)) what kind of juice is that? it looks tasty:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful photos. I'll have to watch that film by Wayne Dyer. It sounds great.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  11. Liz, Wayne Dyer is a spiritual writer, has several books. This is his first dvd and i loved the way it was laid out into part movie like part interview/speaker.

    Tia, the juice is just odwalla orange juice with my liquid vitamins mixed in.

    Melissa, that is so very cool about your wedding favors. wish i could of been there!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww I want to snuggle your puppy Violet (who btw shares my name ^_^) I just found your blog and am in love! Gorgeous photos!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!