2.25.2012

Self Love & Life Lessons >>>

 Today is day 11 of our 30 day yoga (self love) challenge.  So many of us have grown so fond of our group, we have decided to keep it alive way beyond 30 days.  Maybe like, forever?  It has been such an encouraging and engaging group of women.  We are coming off of the high of the first week and are all finding it a bit challenging to keep up each day.  I myself have for sure.  I have already had 2 days where I did not do any yoga at all.  Im completely okay with that, and recognize each day as a day to start over.  Its a good reminder to parallel into life as well.  

Ive been feeling a bit uneasy inside myself lately.  As I am learning more and more of my heart and mind, I find more and more pockets that are filled with ego as opposed to love.  (When I speak of ego, I do not mean the typical idea of ego or being egotistical)  More so of allowing things like fear, certain judgements of others, emphasis on striving to be parts of my life.  All qualities that most of us live with on a day to day basis without even thinking about it.  But when I sit back and actually listen and watch, I see and hear these things.  These ways I want to learn to live without in my life.  Old habits Id like to break as I transition into a deeper level of awareness.  It is so easy to feel wronged by someone, and then to pass judgement on them for making you feel bad.  It is so easy to allow fear to keep us from reaching out to someone or to do something that could ultimately improve ourselves or others around us.  It is so easy to constantly strive to outdo yourself, and to prove what?  Im writing this more for myself, but maybe you will find similarities in your own heart if you are honest with yourself.  We all are afterall, human.  Sometimes we have to fumble around in the darkness long enough to see the light.  

Back to the self love... here are a few pics from this week showing a few things I did for myself.  I stuck my hands in the dirt, which felt so good.  I made yummy food and have drank several mugs of lemon water.  I hooped and tried to take photos at the same time!  (now i need to try that with my yoga). 


 Okay, I think Im not done unloading.  My heart just feels heavy.  Mostly for reasons I wont talk about on my blog.  My heart is with my grandfather in the hospital, with friends, with feeling the void of my parents.  Times like these I tend to retreat into my little crab shell... So luckily my bestie is taking me out tonite.  Im okay, no need to worry... Sometimes it just feels good writing it out.  Sending it off into the universe.  This is life.  The pleasant and the unpleasant.

PEACE,
Laura

13 comments:

  1. Beautifully said and I relate to it immensely. I'm glad you're getting to go out with your bestie tonight.

    P.S. You've got some major hula skills!
    Catherine Denton

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, and you :) Love your honesty & realness-I can relate to it so much!
    I hope you have a wonderful night out xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful post and pictures....thank you for sharing this with your readers...I think it can help others to open up or open their eyes..myself included. Well said, Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's true. Life is both pleasant and unpleasant. And of course we all know that in order to appreciate one, we must have the other to compare it with. It sounds like you get this and are taking it in stride (go you!) : ]

    And as a fellow Cancer, I totally understand the crab shell thing. I know exactly what you mean. It can be tough to try and poke your head out of the shell when we need to--something I always struggle with, and probably always will. Keep at it though!


    On a slightly less deep note: your succulent plant is beautiful! I have the hardest time keeping mine alive. I'm much better with ferns : ]

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really feel the words you wrote and feel yourself. I often have those same thoughts and emotions. I'm sorry for what you are going through with your grandfather and can relate to the feeling of loss.

    It's nice to see people who have these feelings yet are enjoying the little things in life and reaching out to those around you that care.

    Just keep breathing and loving life!

    Beautiful blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are right, we are all human. Sometimes we need this time to take stock of ourselves, realise that we are doing/thinking things we don't like, and find out how to fix them.

    Beautiful post & pics by the way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're beautiful, honey. And I'm so sorry that you're going through such an emotional time. I hope that it gets better.

    xoxo-
    http://cachecloset.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. These photos are so lovely :) And yay! Haha I'm so happy our little group has decided to stay up forever!
    xo Heather
    http://ahopelessnotebook.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love your honesty as well, because i can relate in so many ways! its validating to know that someone else is experiencing the same struggles sometimes...you know? that self -awareness though i believe is the best place to be in. Its the only place where the growth that you desire can be.

    love your photos! gave me some good ideas for what i'll do for my self love this upcoming week :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Blessing to you. You are courageous to share, it is a gift!, and helping others more than you know in doing so!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the hooping photos! I know how you feel, I lost my father almost 5 years ago and some days are better than others, and that goes for everyone. Going out with friends just to chat over tea can be so therapeutic. Keep on being you because you are incredibly strong and beautiful in every way! :))) <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. you are so loved. you are a ray of light in my life, friend, and i'm so glad to catch these glimpses of you.

    sending love and peace and some big, squishy hugs. xo.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!