4.07.2012

Threads - Black & Brown >>>

Last night we went out with some friends to first friday.  Its been a few years since Ive been.  We saw some interesting art.  I have to admit, Im a bit of an art snob, so it takes alot to really get me excited...  Not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing.  Then we walked the streets with lots of other random strangers and enjoyed the sights and the little pit stops of people playing music and selling their wears out of the front yards.  In the middle of this big group of people selling your typical street art things, there was a beauty of a girl selling very lovely vintage finds.  I was impressed with the style of things she had found.  Although as badly as I wanted to, I could not buy anything... (we are in a bit of a financial downtime right now due to taxes).  But we had a great time with my bestie and her twin.  Im so glad we went. 

My outfit last night was probably one of the most 'me' feeling outfits Ive ever put together.  I dont wear black very often at all b/c of my two adorable fluffy white babies.  They get hair all over everything.  But some things are just a must have, like this black hi low maxi skirt.  I just have to carry a lint roller in my purse, ha ha! 
 <<< outfit details >>>

top + skirt + belt + knuckle ring // forever 21
 necklace // roots and feathers
earrings // lost boys & lovers

PEACE,
Laura

18 comments:

  1. You look amazing Laura! I love this outfit and the way you've chosen to accessorize it. The rings...oooh so dreamy. Your hair looks fantastic too! Perfect outfit, it looks comfy too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you combined black and brown. I'm always scared to do it for some reason. I'm trying to get better though. I also love that maxi skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great outfit, and I love the hair, I've been wanting to do this for a while and it's great to see that it looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometime time in our lifetime can we please oh please live close to one another and share closets? I'm pretty sure that would be the greatest thing possible. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. laura your outfit reminds me of rock n'roll, & i like it! glad you had a fun evening on first friday. i'm the exact opposite of you when it comes to art.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this outfit Laura. love love love. In the winter I usually lean towards more structured outfits but in the summer I can't help but get a little more bohemian. I love this look because its kinda rocker girl but really pretty and bohemian feeling too. love love!

    Ps, I just got the earrings and i LOVE them :)
    xo Moorea

    ReplyDelete
  7. you look beautiful! i used to have a siberian husky and i know exactly what you mean about the white hair and lint rollers! haha. glad you got out and enjoyed time with your friends. <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. This outfit is super cute and loving the ombre!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. a) i am obsessed with this outfit. and your hair. and your style. WOW. work it GIRL! :)

    b) your blog is like a journey to another land. SO fun! i am your newest follower.

    xoxo
    erica

    ReplyDelete
  10. Laura, I have a white dog and a black cat. I gave up on trying to get animal hair off of me a long time ago. ; ] This looks wonderful though! I think it's worth the extra work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. the pic with the butterfly that landed on you hands!!! that is so beautiful LOVE IT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. this outfit might be my favorite one yet on you! love, love, love it! everything about it right down to the rings--awesome! you are so inspiring : )

    ReplyDelete
  13. This outfit is so simple but chic and beautiful. I love the way you style your clothing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. girl you look HAWT in black!!! it really suits you. Brings out your eyes. I'd love to see your play on the "little black dress" boho style - you'd be smokin!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I Love your outfit Laura....Your hair is stunning. It's inspired me to experiment with mine...Let's see what happens!! hahaa!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are amazingly beautiful in every way! After seeing this I got the skirt for myself and I love it!!! You are so inspiring; from your style to your heart! Not to mention your jewelry is gorgeous. You have such a wise soul and reading your blog has helped me on my own journey, so I just wanted to say THANK YOU!

    xoxo
    Kaegan

    ReplyDelete
  17. You know I totally get the `this outfit feels like ME`. I feel exactly that way with some of my outfits - so good to hear someone else say it ! oh and I have the same skirt but never styled it with a belt - you have inspired me to ! great blog - love it all !

    ReplyDelete
  18. I totally get the `this outfit feels like me`. I feel exactly that way about some of my outfits ! so good to hear someone else say the same thing ! Oh and I have the same skirt but have never styled it with a belt - you have inspired me to ! Great blog - love it all !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!