4.24.2012

Instagram Love - Selfies >>>

Just a few of my favorite selfie shots from my camera the past week or so. It still amazes me how much I love simple phone shots.  Most of these were from the day I wore this.  I love the photo of me and James's feet.  The pic of the bathing suit top... that was my mom's bathing suit.  She made it when she was younger than me.  I wish it had bottoms.  Its a bit too small for me to wear out but I love wearing it when Im at home or sunbathing.  Its the prettiest bathing suit top Ive ever seen in my entire life.  I dont think one out there could top this for me.  And Im ridiculously grateful that its still around for me to have.  I think about these things when I want to let go of certain clothes I no longer wear.  I have a pile for my hope chest in hopes that my one day daughter would one day think its cool enough to wear.  I can hear it now... her saying 'oh my god, I cant believe my mom still has this stuff from 2012... who wears these kinds of things???'... ha ha!
I get alot of people asking me what filters I use for my phone shots... I almost always use the Bettie XL lens with the Ina's 1935 film.  When I find something I love that feels like me, I tend to stick with it.  I should probably explore more filters and such, but I always go back to this.  My eyes... love it.

The last two images:  The left one is prints I got made from my recent Oh My Mama photoshoot.  I cant wait to figure out how and where I want to hang them on my walls.  The right one was my little splurges I came home with from the grocery store.  Zooey looked so beautiful in the photoshoot in Marie Claire's may issue.  I dont really buy alot of magazines, just every now and then when I love the cover spread.  The only magazine I get on a monthly basis is Dwell

I can hardly believe that the month of April is almost behind us.  How does time do that?  Ive been feeling alot more balanced that I did a few weeks ago.  I feel like Im doing a decent job of balancing my work life with my social life, along with little doses of things just for me.  Playing outside in my garden being one of them.  I noticed some little buggy had a late night snack on my first bell pepper last night!!  My nanna suggested spraying some soapy water on them to keep the bugs off, so Im going to try that.  This spring has sprung on a plethora of these weird looking grasshoppers, and even though I havent seen them lurking in my garden during the day, Im sure one of them was the culprit.  

Hopefully within the next day or so well get some new stuff in the shop.  I have a collection of new feather earrings and necklaces sitting on my desk for a few weeks now.  As well as James new stuff for Skyline Fever.  Some good ones!  Soon soon.  Still working on wholesale orders behind the scenes, but Im starting to see the finish line!!!  Although that usually just means another race is about to begin :)  Also... I am getting closer and closer to being able to talk about a project Im working on behind the scenes that has me soooo very excited!  I cant wait for it to all come together.  My fingers are crossed that my vision will come through on this one. 

PEACE,
Laura

6 comments:

  1. glad you're feeling better sweets. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, as always!

    For the buggies - dilute Dr Bronners peppermint soap with water in a spray bottle and spray your plants. Works really well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your style, have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. im looking forward to seeing the project you're working on come together. lovely photos, thanks for sharing about the filters you use

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well now I'm all excited for all the new things you mentioned--hopefully they are shared soon!
    Love the bathing suit--i really like that kind of artistic style of the print.
    Also, "My eyes...love it." I don't know if that was supposed to be funny, but it made me laugh. I could totally hear it in the dreamy way everything else is always read in my head, but I could also see it as a funny quote used in a funny movie or something too. And now it occurs to me that maybe you were referring to the picture of your eyes...But still, it made me chuckle : ]

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!