4.20.2012

Home Sweet Home - One Year >>>

As of April 11th, we have been in our new home for an entire year! I can hardly believe a year has already gone by. So much has happened in this past year its kind of hard to grasp reality of it all. Its been a very bittersweet year. All in the same year, we had amazing things happen, like buying our very own home and becoming a featured seller on etsy... as well as the monumental sadness of losing my dad, as well as the loss of my Nanna's husband. Its so weird how these things have happened in my life... like losing my mom just 4 months after getting married (and 2 months after my brother had his first child). Almost makes me scared to think what will happen when I have a baby!  Eeekkk... this post was not meant to be sad!  I just cant help but think of these things when I think of the happiness of owning our first (and maybe only) home.  I wish so bad I could share all this beauty with two of the most important people in my life, my parents.  So.... beyond this bittersweetness I wanted to share some of my favorite photos Ive taken so far this past year in our home.  There are so many, it was hard to narrow it down.  Many things have changed already since these were taken, and will continue to change.  Im not one to keep things the same way forever, I love constantly redecorating!

Home Sweet Home.

PEACE,
Laura

18 comments:

  1. your home is absolutely gorgeous! :) i love your style. i've been a reader for a while now but i don't comment often (sorry!). i'm very sorry for your losses - but i am confident your parents would be so proud of the strong, beautiful woman you are. hope you have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't really like how people are always saying they are 'obsessed' with this or that ... but, I have to make one exception. I think I might be slightly obsessed with your style.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura, what a beautiful and soulful home you have. I love seeing your space evolve through your images as the years have pasted (I have recently been going back to read some of your older posts.) All of the little elements that make up you, and you have from your parents are always there. It's lovely to see.
    You seem to have such a kind and loving heart and it's beautiful to be able to see and feel that through your words.
    All of your spaces have a uniquely comforting and a creative and inspiring feel. I always love your photography. And congratulations the anniversary of your home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your home is gorgeous. I love seeing your posts with pictures of your decor :) I hope this year proves to be full of joy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your home is lovely!! I've been following your blog for a month or so and just love your style + voice in this space. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YOUR HOME IS WONDERFUL! So inspiring for when I move out, such a great post :) LOVE LOVE LOVE!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! I can't believe it's been one year already. My fav photo is still your craft area, although the patio with all the stones and the garden is now a close second.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woohoo! Yay for a year in your wonderful house! I can tell how much the house means to you by the care that you into it. May you both have many more there together : ]

    P.S.--Even though I've seen most of these pictures before, it's always wonderful looking at them : ]

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love these little glimpses. your home is amazing and congrats on a year!!! fantastic!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Your home is so beautiful and looks so cozy and warm. I can't tell you how much I love the cat teepee :) Did you make the shelves above the desk? Those are so amazing- I would love to know where you got them if they aren't homemade... So perfect for a craft room! Thanks for sharing your lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Omahhgahh your home is SO BEAUTIFUL! I love love love the kitty teepee :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't believe I just found your blog today...where have I been?! I am loving that teepee! I've been wanting to make one for my dog and you have fully inspired me to just throw some sticks together and do it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have such a soulful energetic home. How wonderful! I do have one question if I may dare....Where did you discover such a wonderful dreamcatcher as the one above your bed? I've been looking for one for years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! it was my mothers, she had is all my life. i wish i knew where it came from, but i dont.

      Delete
  14. discovered your blog on pinterest! I repinned because I adored your bed and animals in it, most of all your tan throw on the bed!!! mind if I ask where you got it? It looks SO cozy for my cat and I

    ReplyDelete
  15. discovered your blog on pinterest! I repinned because I adored your bed and animals in it, most of all your tan throw on the bed!!! mind if I ask where you got it? It looks SO cozy for my cat and I

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww, thanks! it was a most awesome thrift store find!

      Delete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!