4.12.2012

Oh My Mama - Conceptual Photoshoot >>>

First the first time in a very long time today... I created some photowork straight from my soul and just for me.  So often lately the only time Im taking photos is of my jewelry, or for a lookbook for my jewelry, or an outfit post.  Although I love all of those, sometimes my soul just craves more.  More of the rawness I had when I first fell in love with photography.  The kind of works I use to do before I had to focus on my work so much.  Ive mentioned on here a few times that I have wanted to, but today, I finally just stopped what I was doing and went for it.  To be honest, I played hookie from work today.  Sometimes as an artist, when you feel that stirring in your heart, you just have to go with it.  

These photos are simple at heart.  They express bits of my yearning for my mom.  All of the elements used were pieces of her... Things that came from her home, that were dear to her heart, and are now oh so dear to my heart.  I couldnt help but think of one of my favorite songs by Alela Diane, called Oh My Mama, so I thought Id share it here.  Id recommend pressing play before you start to look at the photos because there are alot of photos.  I dont normally like posts with so many images in one place, but for this, I had to.  Enjoy.   (P.S. Feel free to share these or pin these, but please respectfully leave a link back to here wherever you do.)
Oh! My Mama by Alela Diane on Grooveshark

PEACE,
Laura

29 comments:

  1. gorgeous. the song goes perfectly.. like you were listening to it while you were shooting. love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this inspired me to tears. you are a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The song with the photos were so compelling and soulful.
    Catherine Denton

    ReplyDelete
  4. goodness, i am hushed to tears.
    exquisite.
    and this song?
    it means a lot to me for other reasons...thank you for sharing.you are so beautiful. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful post Laura, the song fits so well with the photos and the piece as a whole is so moving. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have me in tears Laura. I can feel your yearning for your mama - through your photos and the song, sometimes in some of the photos I can see the look on your face and it makes me want to cry. you have an amazing gift for expression, through everything you do.
    this is love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so gorgeous and inspiring! Thank you SO much for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just beautiful! They are all great, but I am especially entranced by the last one of the (well, I don't know what it is, but what looks like leaf veins?) From the way you're standing, to the way you can see your eye through the (what it is) is just stunning. I'm so glad you took the time to do this : ]

    ReplyDelete
  9. laura, these are poetically beautiful! the song is nice too. i think your break from work was good for your soul. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The photos are so beautiful, you are so beautiful and amazing. Teary now x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This made my heart so warm! its beautiful.

    Zoe xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. These pictures come out great, adore it!

    xxx

    Lily
    http://themagicworldoflily.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Laura, it is crystal clear - your missing your mamma. Your images and the song, your treasured keepsakes are very touching. A lovely tribute to her. Thank youfor posting....I've been missing my mamma a lot lately too.....<3

    ReplyDelete
  14. Laura, it is crystal clear - your missing your mamma. Your images and the song, your treasured keepsakes are very touching. A lovely tribute to her. Thank youfor posting....I've been missing my mamma a lot lately too.....<3

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just wow, Laura. This is so beautiful. With the music, it brought tears to my eyes...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Laura...this is so powerful and beautiful. I've been listening to this song over and over and looking at your pictures and it just brings tears to my eyes.

    Thank you for playing hookie and making something beautiful...and celebrating your mama.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is just beautiful! The song and photos together are bringing tears to my eyes. Thank you for sharing this part of yourself with us.

    XOXO!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is gorgeous Laura. Your pictures along with the music tell such a beautiful story. So obvious this came from deep within your heart. Surely your mother is looking down with such pride.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Darling, this is raw loveliness. Mama is smiling bebe, she would be so proud. Xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you for this beautiful post. I think your Mom would be so proud of this.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is such a beautiful post. The music, the photos, everything...
    xo Heather
    http://ahopelessnotebook.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. These photos are beautiful. I love them! I'm happy you were able to release your emotions in your photographs, good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a beautiful tribute to your Mom....and the song was perfect...

    Peace :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!