5.05.2011

Rain, Ikea & Life...

We had our first rainy day here in Texas the other day.  It was almost unreal, even with a cold front!  We had to wear sweaters!!!  It was much needed.  Violet did not even want to come inside, she enjoyed it as well!


We went to Ikea with James parents to get a sewing table.  Gosh I could spend a fortune their if I could.  LOVE THAT PLACE!  His parents had never been and they loved it too!

James got up and put my new shelf/desk together for me the next morning.  He is such a good help!

I put some random stuff on it just for now... my sewing room still needs to be put together.  But this is going to be the biggest help ever!  A real sewing desk with storage!!!

Im currently working on new orders for Ruche, which is keeping me very busy behind the scenes.

And eating Nutella while I do so :)

Im super excited to have my family up to our house for the first time for mother's day this weekend.  Ive never ever had my family up for a holiday before where I live, it really makes me happy to be able to do so.  I only wish James parents didnt have to work so they could be here too.  But luckily, they have been a huge part of helping us, and come over often.

The next few days I will really be trying to get my house all together, so I may be able to do a home tour very soon!  We have been here just over two weeks, and it feels so much like home, like we have been here forever.

PEACE,
Laura

13 comments:

  1. I love your new sewing table! I am also an Ikea lover too!!!

    Have a great time next weekend with your family!

    After seeing you with a Nutella Jar now I have to go and get one! I love that stuff! Did you know that Nutella is originally from Italy? Ferrero invented it! I basically grew up with that chocolate! xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much! the first time i ate nutella was in france! i love that you can find it in most american grocery stores now! the best stuff ever! xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those shelves! *want, want*

    My eldest daughter discovered the deliciousness of Nutella recently; those jars don't stay full for long!
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for a sewing table and shelves! I know this house is going to be a huge blessing in your life.

    And I had some nutella last night with strawberries. :) Mmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The expida desk. I'm so jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laura... You house is looking amazing! I can't wait for the tour! I just love your decorating style and all the history behind som many pieces in your home.

    When you are out of Nutella you must try Justin's Chocolate Almond Butter. I wake up craving it! LOL!

    Oh... and I we are for sure coming to New Braunfels in late June. I will email you soon and maybe we can grab some coffee when we are nearbye!!
    XOXO
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  7. katelyn, thank you! and i ate it with strawberries last night too! we much have been missing each other :)

    nena, awwww, you know the name! you are an ikea lover!

    amber, yes, we must! we could drive to new braunfels and go to 2Tarts, a super cute bakery there. and thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE Ikea! :] Just found your blog - it's super cute and so are you! Love the new sewing table, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooh, i have some expedit bookcases, i didn't know about that awesome desk version! we just drove down to illinois (our closest ikea) and i don't want to say how much we spent :) we move into our new house next friday, can't wait to set it up.

    your mother's day sounds like it will be super cozy! homeownership is the best <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice sewing table! I'm using a small desk and it is not nearly big enough. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My sewing cabinet is big, bulky, and not very practical anymore. I LOVE IKEA too, and have had my eye on that exact desk-bookcase combo for a while. Maybe one day...

    *Can't wait for the home tour!

    ReplyDelete
  12. omgsh i love ikea & nutella! :D mmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  13. YEAH Nutella! ;) I can't wait for you to do a house tour!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!