5.18.2011

Girls Night...

The day I got back into my sewing room I went a little nuts and made myself 3 layering tanks... I wanted to make some new ones for the shop, but I fell so in love with them all I had to keep them.  Which is not something I do very often, so I feel good about it.  Now I have some adorable additions to my summer wardrobe that I am crazy about.  You may remember this & this one in the shop.  I will be making more of these, they are just too wonderful.




And last night for the first time in years, I had a girls night out.  Me and my best friend met up with a mutual friend and went to the movies.  Not just any movies, but our wonderful Bijou, a theater for adults only where you can eat a real meal and drink a beer while you watch your film.  I love it there.  We used to go with my parents there quite often and it was always really special.

We watched Water For Elephants and I fell in love all over again.  I honestly was not to fond of the guy who played the main character from the Vampire movies... But he was a-dorable in this one.  And Ive always loved Reese Witherspoon.  The story was perfect, the look of the film was inspiring, and tense forbidden love story was so true feeling.  Great film and I want to see it again.



I got dolled up in one of the layering tanks I made along with my mother's old sandals...


And even snagged a few photos with my beautiful bestie.  We had so much fun together driving in the car.  She makes me laugh so much, like no one else in the world can.  I feel like something comes out of me when Im around her that I dont even know I possess until Im in the middle of it, every time.  I get lots of good laughs at myself around her.  I love it.


The Best Night.  Thank you Shelley.

PEACE,
Laura

8 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you say that you loved Water for Elephants! My boyfriend & I went to see it over the weekend and I haven't stopped talking about it since! Cute tops, too.
    www.littlemisslovelyvintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see some new creations in your shop...I attempted a pillowcase top myself the other night, but it didn't come out as great as yours. Keep us posted on your new creations. I love the Violet Bella line!!! I read the book Water For Elephants and hoping to see the movie sometime this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A cinema where you can sit down and have a drink and something to eat, it sounds all very civilized. I am glad you liked the film, I have yet to see it.
    I love your outfit, and am inspired to spend some time sewing today-thanks laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look gorgeous laura! and your pictures are always so so inspiring! happy thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You girls are so lucky to have that kind of friendship. I'm happy you had a fun night out, you deserve it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous shots... so romantic.

    http://wardrobexperience.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Water for Elephants book is really good too. you should check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for girls nights. I don't get to have them very often but there is something magical about them. I come home feeling recharged and ready to take on the world. LOL!

    If you loved the movie I am sure that you have heard you will love the book. I read it twice and I don't read books twice! So you know it was good!

    Love your new top you made. Such beautiful work as always!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!