5.07.2011

One Dress, Two Ways...

You know those days when you feel like you could change your outfit 10 times?  I hate those days, but inevitably we all get them, I think :)  And then there are the days you know what 'dress' you want to wear, but maybe its just the way you styled it that is making you want to change.  This was my day yesterday, so I decided to share how just a few simple changes can make a different look.

In both looks Im wearing one of my custom made Poor Pitiful Pearl dresses, which I adore.


Outfit One:
thrifted green sweater
belt from Ruche
embroidered sandals from Blowfish
yarn wrapped messy hair

Now as cute as it may have been, I was in the mood to be super relaxed, so I threw off the belt, cardigan, shoes and hair wrap... let my hair down, and grabbed my cons and a shorter cardi.  It was kind of funny, I haven't pushed my bangs to the side in so long, it was the first time Id seen my forehead in months!

James mom gave me the sweet little butterfly necklace I am wearing, I love it so much.


So, although these were not major changes to the outfit, these little things can make all the difference in how you feel when you walk out the door.  So next time you are having one of 'those moments', maybe decide to change your shoes and your hair instead of the whole outfit.  It may save you alot of time and energy (from one girl to another).

Today I am joyfully preparing my house for my family to come visit for the first time since we moved in!  I cant believe today officially marks 3 weeks of being here!  It is really really starting to feel like home.  Yesterday I got my sewing room completely clean and ready to go!  So fun!

PEACE,
Laura

14 comments:

  1. That's such a great idea. I need to put it into practice a little more often. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous of you! I love your outfits, they look so great.
    Nothing I wear ever looks that good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both looks but the 2nd one is my fave!
    I can't wait to see more pics of your new house! *Hint Hint!* :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Could you be more adorable??? I think not. I LOVE the yarn messy hair. But I can't pick which outfit I like better, you look fantastic in both. Thanks for the tip!
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this dress and the way you styled it! You look beautiful!
    xoxo~meg

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're so lovely. You can pull looks off that I'd end up looking like a bag lady in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's great advice! Now that my uniform days are over, I have a lot more clothing options for work. (YAY!!) I'll have to try this when something just doesn't seem "right" to me. :)

    Of course, you look lovely both ways. I like your bangs pulled back. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are beautiful and have a great style.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everyone needs bright green in their wardrobe. I love the styling. So yummy all those textures and colours.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like it with the belt and sweater. That is a great look.

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just. adore. you. I always feel like I'm having coffee with a friend when I read your blog...and it's always a friend that uplifts me. Thank you for your genuine and wonderful spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love your style, gorgeous lady. <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love love love the dress...i need it now!! you are just adorable too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I got that way the other day. The funny thing is my husband has no comprehension as to why I'm suddenly frustrated and keeps asking 'whats wrong'.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!