5.14.2011

Our Nest... Part One


 My office is really just an extension of our living room.  Which is exactly what I wanted b/c I can sit here and work and still be super close to James while he is on the computer or playing a game.  It makes feel much more at home to have my primary work spot in the open and not tucked away in a back room.  

I love that I have enough space to hang my big painting.  And I have my record player set up right in front of the office so my music is close.  And I get to look at my amazing macrame owl while I work now!  I put out my three favorite albums on display... Neil Young, The Rolling Stones & Janis Joplin.  They are my three favorite vinyls to look at, not my top three favorite records, although they are up there :)

 I think the wall in my office with the collage of artwork is my favorite wall in the house.  It makes my heart so happy.  There are some super special pieces, among some of my wood blocks, a friends photo, my mom's wooden sun, dried roses, a feather and a piece of drift wood.

 And my quick fix to cover up the back of the ugly desk was fabric and doilies.  Im sure this will change over time constantly.

 PEACE,
Laura

8 comments:

  1. I love how you took such a "modern" house and made it reflect your love for vintage and eclectic! It's beautiful!
    xoxo~Meg

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your color! My workspace is located in what was the dining room that flows right into the living room. I love being near my family too! :)
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hallo beauty, this is Lula, i added your blog some months ago but basically i have not read everything hehehe... but this post i really liked, the office is perfect!!! i wanna do something similar and i do something simillar like you but im in México :D
    Just this time i wanted came and write you a comment to say that i like your blog!!!

    Regardddsss... :D

    Lula

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the fabric and doilies draped on the desk. So Pretty. I have my own craft room but I still do everything in the living room. Everything except use the sewing machine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, your place is wonderful! Vintage yet modern, cute yet sophisticated. Love it! <3

    Katie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I super love the fabric draped over the back of the desk, it's such a special touch! Beautiful room :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have the coolest things!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!