9.18.2012

THREADS - BLUE VELVET

I have been dying to share these pants for well over a week now!  Ive worn them a few times, but haven't been able to get pics until the other night when we went out with our friend Christie to see the Ataris play.  She came home for a week long visit and we were happy to spend some time with her.  Now that she lives in California, we only see her a few times a year, if that.  She came over and had a little campfire with us too!  

So, back to these amazing pants!!!  They are from Iconoclasp on etsy!  She makes them custom fit to your size, in a few different colors.  I had a pair of blue velvet pants in high school that were my favorites, and I wore them until a huge hole ripped in the butt of them!!  Ive been on the lookout for another pair ever since.  They are a dream come true.  Fit to perfection!!  I kind of can't say enough good things about them.  Its love.  I layered them with some simple tanks and a black knit cardigan.  Along with this beautiful and simple quartz necklace from Run With The Tribe and studded leather bracelets from Moorea Seal.  Run With The Tribe has some amazing new jewelry right now.  My favorite being this single earring.  And you can barely see them, but I wore some of my Blowfish boots with them... so happy its boot season again!

James wore his shirt from Sevenly.  I wish I could affored to get each new shirt that comes out every week, all for amazing causes.  A very cool company.

It was awesome seeing The Ataris right in San Antonio.  James and I listened to them in high school, and for a bit San Dimas High School Football Rules was our song.  Kind of cool to have memories that go so far back, and to be able to revisit them so many years later.  And its great to see bands still doing their thing after so many years as well.  We got to meet and chat with Kris for a bit and he is super nice.  It was a great night.
                                                            

post signature
Share

20 comments:

  1. I adore those pants!! so fun

    <3 Melissa
    wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pants!! :D I love your pants in the first two instagram pics too.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I concur - amazing pants!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woah, the Ataris!!! I've seen them at the Warped Tour a few times back in the day... blast from the past! Your new velvet pants are lovely, and you look gorgeous :)) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the Ataris! So many high school memories.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Also, because of your mention, I just handed over more money to Sevenly. Good for the karma, bad for the checking account!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha ha. can i say im sorry and thank you in the same sentence?? :)

      Delete
  7. Daaaang, Ataris! That's awesome you were able catch them. Reminds me of jumping off my parents couch doing air guitar solos and blasting songs that my father hated. Those pants are killer. I'm not really a fan of velvet but those want me to get into it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. alexz, that is hilarious!! love old memories like that. it reminds me of falling in love with my now husband, who back then i wasn't suppose to be crushing on ;)

      Delete
  8. Aw. I love the Ataris! That reminds me of this band Silverstein. We've been listening to them for years and got to meet the frontmant Shane several times.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thought those were velvet pants! This outfit is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. yes! the ataris :) blue skies broken hearts was my favorite album during my formative years. no wonder i always do insane things for the guys i love, "i'd buy a small house in south central la, raise lots of kids, and we'd both join a gang..."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yeah!!! those lyrics made me wanna run away with boys!!! lol

      Delete
  11. I tend to go for quality over quantity when it comes to blog following ..Welcome to my rotation, I'm so happy! And must know where you got those OTHER pants (patterned ones in the first two instagram pics) Peace from from Canada

    www.verveevolving.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi christine! welcome! thank you... those other pants are stretchy yoga pants i found on ebay! soooo comfy!

      Delete
  12. WOW. I love your edgy style. You look so awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So happy I stumbled across your blog today! You and your site are just way too perfect! Loving your style and all of these pictures!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the pants. I actually have velvet like that to make shorts out of. Maybe I'll make them before fall is over. Otherwise I won't get to it until spring.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!