9.24.2012

FIVE YEARS

These are all images from the day of our anniversary (saturday).  I had planned on getting some more pics of us together, like I do every year, for my reminiscing purposes, but that failed.  We spent the day in the city.  We planned to go to the plant nursery, but by the time we were done with the other stuff we put on our list since we were in town, we didn't make it.  I wont lie, it was not the best day, and there were even some tears involved.  Even after being married for 5 years, there will always be stuff that needs worked out.  We are both so very human, and still very much act like it.  So instead of your typical sweet lovey dovey day that everyone expects on their anniversary, we spent it working through some things.  It wasn't all bad.  We enjoyed a good part of the day, but I'm not going to sugar coat anything for the sake of what one might want to hear.  Luckily, we really celebrated our anniversary the night before, and that was a great night.  Ill share some images from then later.  And today we will be visiting the plant nursery along with James parents.  I miss them, so it will be perfect.

And this little guy.... oh my gosh I wanted to take him home.  We had to go to the pet store to pick up Nico's food, and I ALWAYS have to visit the dwarf hamsters while we are there.  I want one so bad.  But really, I want THIS one.  I can't stop looking at his little face on my phone.  Our biggest worry is having him with our cat Bella.  And Ive never had any type of hamster before, so Im not sure how they are.  But I want to find out!!!  Ahhhhh.....

When the sun was going down that night, we decided to go down to our river to go rock hunting.  I snapped a few pics along the way...

Those amazing earrings above are from Aquarian Soul.  I posted yesterday at the Bohemian Collective an Ally Sand's dream home... Im so in love with her space, you MUST go see!

 Ill be back later today (or tomorrow) with a giveaway from Sheinside

post signature
Share

12 comments:

  1. Even though working through the tough spots totally stinks (especially on your special day), it is great to get it talked out and be able to move on. Happy anniversary!
    xo bhrett

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very refreshing to read the truth about relationship in the blogsphere. Because sometimes after reading a post about married life where everything just looks so romantic and perfect, I feel like I am from a different and more difficult planet.
    I am happy that you accept the humanity in each other and find strength to forgive and work things out! Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I envy those earrings! Beautiful.
    I love the sentence you wrote about how you are both 'so very human.' I think that thinking of this during an argument would bring a lot of things back to perspective.

    http://aslouisepleases.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary! It stinks that instead of being all lovey on your special day you had to work through stuff...but at the end of the day you have each other's love and that's what's important :) and, that hamster is terrifying! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw happy anniversary to you two :)

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, happy belated anniversary, Laura! Rock hunting sounds so peaceful and romantic. The pictures are breathtaking :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had one named Poppy that was a biter! :( She was all sweet and everything at the pet store but once I got her home she started nipping and never stopped. I had originally purchased her for a classroom pet (back when I was teaching). That didn't work out for obvious reasons so she came back home with me. She was super cute and funny though! I learned to admire her from afar. Hahaha!

      I always enjoy visiting the little ones at the pet store. They are so soft and cuddly. :) If I ever am tempted to get another tiny, it will be a rat! I used to have ratties and they were the smartest, funniest, most loving little girls ever. I miss them every day!

      Delete
  8. beautiful photos. loving those earrings! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy five year! What an adventure :) and I absolutely love your photos, they're all so perfectly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful!!! Loved the pictures, but loved your honest more. My husband and I went away for a few days for our sixth anniversary last July. First time we have been away just us since the honeymoon. Wonderful times, but also tears and a lot to work through. But that's what is beautiful, finding a person who is worth working through the crud with.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I grew up with those kind of hamsters. Dwarf hamsters right. They are super cute and fun. And most of the time friendly.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!