7.15.2012

Threads - Beating The Blues >>>

This girl has not been out of her pj's in a week.  And most days, she didnt even brush her teeth until the afternoon.  Yep.  That was me this week.  Finally today, I decided to come out of my cocoon.  Were just going over to some friend's house, but I felt like putting on some makeup and jewelry and my lovely new Blowfish sandals, and breaking out my camera.  Ive come to realize, that although outfit posts are really just silly ol' things, that sometimes, they really can make a girl feel better.  Sometimes dressing up and feeling your self worth in front of the camera, is good for your soul.  And I definitely feel that the clothes we wrap around our bodies each day have an affect on us, as dumb as that may seem.  It is yet another way of self expression, an artform if you will.  Just another extension of saying how we feel about ourselves.  And when we feel good about ourselves, we tend to do better, feel better, and in turn, treat people better, not to mention treat ourselves better.  I can say, that just by getting myself dressed today, I already feel better.  This can be one of the downfalls of working at home.  You can go days without caring if you are so inclined.  And after a long period, it starts to wear on you everytime you look in the mirror.  So, here is my little pick me up.  To remind myself after a week of feeling really blah, that Im not
 <<< outfit details >>>
feather earring // sea of wild
tee // F21
shorts // gifted
sandals // blowfish shoes

 Today is the LAST day to enter the blowfish giveaway.  Ill announce the winner tomorrow, along with an amazing giveaway from Lost Boys and Lovers.  You wont want to miss it!!!

post signature

24 comments:

  1. I absolutely love your decor! And this outfit is so cute.

    Amanda Rose
    http://sewmuchtosay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the outfit and background :) so glad you felt like dressing up and going out ! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know exactly what you mean. I work from home most days and my boyfriend lives in a far far far away state, so a lot of the time I find it hard to make the effort. It's easy to get stuck in a rut so I have to remind myself that it's worth it to get dressed, do my hair, and wear a little makeup just for myself. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look lovely! I identify with this post completely. I began working from home when I was in my mid 20’s. The first thing that took years to overcome was getting up early. Next was realizing (as you have) that wearing pjs all day was not always in my best interest. After 17 years in business I have learned to get up with the birds, get dressed and make our beds before 9 am even if I stayed up till 2. These simple little things make a huge difference. My Grandmother always said “when you look good you feel good and when you feel good you do good” So true! Life can be hard at times but no matter what you are going through, if you feel you look cute, it makes it a little better. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mmmm, i love your morning dedication, this is inspiring. im def not there yet. but i do have my coffee with the birds every morning :) our grandmothers are wise women!!

      Delete
  5. I've been on the job hunt lately and have been spending a lot of time at home so I know exactly what you mean! haha. Your outfit is lovely though, as are you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the outfit and you look wonderful as always! I can identify with not wanting to get out of the pj's! I've had a lot of those days, especially on the weekends and before I get dressed for work in the mornings. On those days I have to make myself snap to it, lol! Would SO love to work at home!

    Love your blog as always! Susan http://fredsinthehead.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. So I totally ordered the exact color/style of the blowfish shoes and I love them! Aren't they amazingly comfortable?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay!!! yes, sooo comfortable. almost ridiculously comfortable!

      Delete
  8. The camera really does help sometimes, doesn't it? My mister doesn't quite understand it yet, but sometimes I just need to be silly and take photos and dress up! I think we all need that sometimes. You look gorgeous (as usual!)
    xo Heather
    http://ahopelessnotebook.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just need me your entire jewellery collection. The way we dress can absolutely affect how we feel - I feel so sluggish if I don't make the effort to get dressed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the top it's very beautiful! And the shorts, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. cute. I do love those sandals.

    ReplyDelete
  12. you are seriously the most beautiful girl ever! this outfit is adorable and you look fantastic! Those shoes and that decor behind you!! Just wow :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love your sacred space as your backdrop i think it just adds that much more to another extension of yourself-beautiful. : )

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Laura
    Thank you for your lovely comment at Secrets, I was very touched that you saw the post and by your kindness about my blog.
    I'm sorry about the mix up on the necklace photo, I must have copied it from etsy by mistake. I'll check up on it and add in the details if I can find them again.
    With love and light
    Kat x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no worries at all about the necklace, i just didnt want anyone to be confused :) thank you! and thanks again for the sweet post. you had me and alana in a big warm hug!

      Delete
  15. I've been having a total blah week, too! Today has been the worst, by far... I'm thinking it's mercury retrograde, wrecking havoc on my world and totally kicking my butt. I just to crawl under the covers and stay there for a while. ;)

    I love your sacred space, lady... it looks so peaceful!

    p.s. I'm wearing that exact shirt today! xoxoxo <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this new moon is a hard one for us cancers... i hope you are able to snuggle up at home tonite and enjoy the comforts around you. and yes, mercury being retrograde is a big part of it too! love you girl!

      Delete
  16. I think I need sandals like that in my life ;)

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. blowfish is the best, you need them! you can always find them on my sidebar :)

      Delete
  17. Laura dear you are anything but blah x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!