7.04.2012

Soulful Threads >>>

Its not very often that I share my custom orders here on the blog... but this one is so dear to my heart I felt a yearning to.  I made this little tattered flag for a friend, and it simply turned out to be my favorite flag Ive ever made.  Every inch of this creation is so 'me', and coincidentally was so 'her'... Amazing how two souls can collide over a piece of art.  It has been so long since Ive made these flags... this was an inspiration to me to take the time to create some more.  Once I get past my wholesale orders and can find my way back into the studio with a creative mindset, I intend to.  Ive been itching to do some good soul work in the studio for a while, but I can't allow myself to without squirming until all of the 'business' is taken care of first... And sometimes that is never-ending.  Do any of you ever feel that way?  Im starting to think I should set aside a time amount each day just for new creations, regardless of what else is going on...

Im so honored to know that this little flag sits in a home where it is looked upon with such loving intention and meditation.  Not only is this a compilation of old fabrics, sticks and feathers, it is being a catalyst for spreading love and light onto its beholder, and I couldn't ask for more in any of my creations. 

PEACE,
Laura

15 comments:

  1. It's beautiful, I love it. How much do you sell a flag from costum order?

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is really touching. love the craftsmanship, and the wisdom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i agree. take a little time every day to create something aside from "business" projects. it'll help ease any stress you might be feeling, and it helps to stay creative. (not that you seem to have a problem with that.)

    i also love this custom piece. very pretty. good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this speaks to my soul! So would love this on my wall in my new home ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful wonderful. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is incredibly beautiful!

    xo
    http://kittysnooks.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful! You have one heck of a talent (:

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this! It's got me so inspired to work on a Camping Flag that a friend commissioned me to create.
    I love that yours has so many pretty fabrics and feathers. Very lovely! (:

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is the best one you have created. It took my breath away. The owner must be one amazing woman. <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!