7.19.2012

New Moon - New Hair >>>

The past 48 hours Ive been swimming in hair dye.  And Im honestly not quite sure I want to cry, or find that I love it...  I feel like Im 15 again.  I havent had red hair in so long.  Ive been almost every shade of red possible in my teens years... which is probably why it makes me feel young.  It all started when I got the bright idea that I was going to dye my hair dark brown, faded to red, faded to blonde.  So all day yesterday I mastered the brown and the blonde, which was sooooo beautiful, and Im so sad I didnt take any pics of it.  It was super light blonde against this beautiful dark brown.  Then today, I decided to add the red, and quickly I began to realize that my ombre daydream was not going to be a reality, and that I needed to dye all of the blonde red.  The first take was a disaster and came out soft strawberry blonde pink.  So, after I got my new moon hair cut today, I went for it again with a richer shade of red...  And here we are.  Still not sure if I love it or hate it.  I kind of think I hate it, but by tomorrow, I may love it.  But right now I sure am missing my blonde, and Im realizing there is no turning back for a little while at least.  I dont want to ruin my hair after growing it for so long.  Ahhh... the adventures in hair dye.  Luckily, it is just hair.

Happy new moon everyone!  I hope you enjoyed my guest post earlier from Marissa.  Very inspiring!  And, tomorrow Ill be back with yet another awesome giveaway.  This month is full of them!

post signature

37 comments:

  1. Glorious new moon to you too! and although I WAS beyond smitten with your blonder ombre look I actually think I now have a hair crush on your red because I have never seen anyone with anything other than brown to blonde ombre, so this color way is super unique :) Ali

    p.s. you have perfect bangs here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love the red! It is so warm and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love it! it's new and fun and a different kind of ombre...i used to have dark brown to light blonde and then i wanted to switch it back to all blonde and for awhile it was practically orange because my hair does that when i go from dark to light...now it's finally blonde again with darker blonde ends...love the fade of any kind of ombre and this one looks gorgeous on you i think!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it looks rad! You can pull off so many looks :) Definitely a New Moon kind of thing to do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Personally, I love it! I am growing my hair out and I look forward to being able to do something like this in about a year :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look like a sex kitten!! Embrace it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. it looks fantastic and incredibly flattering on you laura! the colour is mature, but still really funky :) oh, and red will look great in the fall. I hope you learn to love it too!

    www.caraclaudia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy new moon! I think the red looks nice, but it's such a pain to upkeep.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, I think it looks beautiful!
    <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think it brings out your eyes like crazy Laura! I love it. Its fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my gorgeous!!!!!!!!! you are RADIANT. the red is SO you. beautiful beautiful beautiful. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. you look beautiful fellow moon lover !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Don't worry - it looks great! Even better than the blonde, it suits you and it's something different , I love how the red turned out! Better love it and keep it, coz it looks great :)

    http://flarecatcher.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look beautiful!

    esty.com/shop/sewcollision
    sewcollision.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks great, been thinking of doing this too but not sure it would work with my craazy curly hair!

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh sweetie it is GORGEOUS!!! so deep and rich and mesmerizing! i know what it's like when it doesn't turn out like we imagined but i'm partial to redheads and brunettes ;-) how do you feel this morning?

    ReplyDelete
  17. i love it!! it looks absolutely beautiful! i know how you're feeling though - too many times have i had hair dye mishaps and needed to fix it up bc it wasn't what i was expecting. but feel confident that it looks great on ya!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Own it Girl! Your hair looks lovely. Celebrate the fact that you did it and that you just didn't talk about it and never did anything.....

    ReplyDelete
  19. Don't cry because you are beautiful with red hair! So much better than blonde hair! Really.

    ReplyDelete
  20. even though it's not what you imagined & you are sad about the blonde i think it looks fabulous! in fact, i kind of want my hair to look like that... :)

    -erin

    ReplyDelete
  21. it looks great. i think you might still be looking at it through those eyes that wanted blonde. once you get passed that and see it for what it is maybe you'll love it. can't wait to see it when it starts to fade. that should look great too.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I think you look perfect with this faded brown-red colour.Really beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. You could never look anything short of beautiful! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh, I've been wanting brown to red ombre for quite a while! I'm just impatiently waiting for it to grow a bit more first. I think it looks beautiful on you, even if it wasn't what you had planned :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the red and contrasting brown! It's fun and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh! Here you are with your new red hair. LOVE it. I love this picture of you too. You are so beautiful Laura, "no matter how you wear your hair..." ;) (p.s. letter soon)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love it! I always wanted to try red.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!