7.13.2012

Pieces of Home >>>


1. tattered flowerchild wall hanging
2. tomatoes from my garden
3. my patchwork gypsy flag
4. james playing guitar
5. alyssum flowers
6. flycatcher (i think)
7. studio curtains
8. flowers from my bestie
9. the road home
10. bella

I think I say this everytime, but these Pieces of Home series that I post are my favorites.  All of these images of things around me, all feel like extensions of myself.  Home, pieces of my heart.  Things that make me smile, or tick.  All of these images are from the past few weeks.  Sadly, my vegetable garden is starting to come to an end.  I think the heat just really got to everything again this year, despite this amazing rain we have been getting the past few days.  My porch plants and non veggie things are doing great!  And my cherry tomatoes are still producing some... But my squash and zuchinni never took off, and I only got two bell peppers.  With my large tomatoes, its been a battle with the squirrels of who gets it first once they are ripe enough to pick.  Little rascals.  I do enjoy the process of learning though when it comes to gardening.  I daydream of having a backyard just full to the brim with flowers and vegetables...  


post signature

13 comments:

  1. As long as you keep dreaming of it and stoking the fire of passion for learning, you'll definitely succeed! Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so in love with your photos, your home seems so *magical*. I wish you so much love on your healing journey Laura!

    xxoo Marissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. i dream of the day my road home looks like yours xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely a Myiarchus flycatcher, you can tell by his little crest! I love your photography :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the birdie affirmation! there was much debate over this little guy :)

      Delete
  5. these sights make me happy. :) i love these glimpses of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a gorgeous series. <3 I really love that birdie, the curtains and Bella. All of these are such pretty, special shots though!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i loooove your patchwork flags---you have such an eye for art and beauty---lovely photos : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. pieces of home...great idea! i love the ways you incorporate your real and personal life into your blog. makes it a beautiful experience to come here and read.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the patchwork gypsy flag! Gorgeous!

    etsy.com/shop/sewcollision
    sewcollision.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm experiencing the same daydreaming about the same magical backyard. Check out my latest post about my slowly growing green thumb.. I think we're kind of in the same boat!

    http://sewmuchtosay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!