9.22.2011

Four years of bliss...

Today is our 4 year wedding anniversary...and although the title of this post humorously says 'four years of bliss', its not far off.  In other words, I would not have it any other way, and what could be more blissful than that?  For any of you who are married, you know its not always a walk in the park.  Our marriage is no exception.  There have been so many ups and downs, trials and tribulations and what not.  But honestly all of those struggles we have endured have made us closer and stronger than we ever could have been without them.  I think finding the beauty in these lessons as you go along, and still loving each other through it all, is what really matters.  

Yesterday James walked in the door from work with these beautiful flowers in hand.  I always think its cute the flowers he picks.  He thinks really hard about what I would like.  He always picks flowers I never would have picked myself, but I always love them.  He knew I would love the deep plum color of these, and he was right!  I put them in the big vase we had as our centerpiece on our wedding table.  I only break out this vase on special occasions. 
 Last year on our anniversary I did 4 blog posts about the story of us.  You can view them here, here, here and here.

This morning we are just kind of lounging around... I made this pretty treasury a bit ago, wishing we were close enough to the beach to go enjoy a stroll.  I think we are going out to eat somewhere tonite, and I just might wear my new blue velvet dress.  

PEACE,
Laura

11 comments:

  1. What a wonderful laidback celebration and beautiful flowers. Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is great :) Congratulations! Those are lovely flowers indeed... I wish you a beautiful date night, and many more years of marital bliss!

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy anniversary. today is our anniversary too. and i posted about it at the same time you posted yours. wierd!
    have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are indeed right...it's the lessons we learn from our trials and tribulations that not only make a marriage stronger, but also sweeter.I wish you both a very Happy Anniversary and may there be many, many more to follow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats to you!!! I read your 4 stories! so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! I also celebrated my 4 year wedding anniversary this past year and let me tell you, for us it's been the best year yet. Here's hoping you two have an amazing year filled with love and happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  7. happy anniversary! my guy and i have been together for over 3 years, married on august 1st~ i know what you mean about the ups and downs. when they've seen you through such hard times, it makes the good times so much better. wish you two lots of love! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lauren!! I just finished reading all the stories. You two are such a beautiful couple together. It warms my heart when I see a love like this. And I am truly happy for the both of you.

    Happy Anniversary!!

    Sincerely,

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a darling post. It sounds like a wonderful,laidback celebration! My hubby and I are coming up on three years in November :) Happy anniversary to you both!

    <3LJ
    http://littlemisslj.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy anniversary!!!


    what beautiful flowers. i a good love story...going to read you posts from last year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats Laura! I am loving the photo on the left of you! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!