9.23.2011

A feminine and unique touch for your jewelry...


This is such a simple DIY I didnt take photos of process.  Basically, I had empty was space behind my door (that I couldn't put anything thicker than an inch deep), a bunch of beautiful lace that my Nanna gave me, and a desperate need for earrings racks for my growing collection.  And this is what I came up with.  I think its a beautiful simple way to display my earrings.  Although this is for my jewelry studio, I could see this in a bedroom for a personal collection as well.  

I just cut the strips of lace the same length.  I used push pins to attach them to the wall.  I stretched them pretty tight across b/c I knew the weight of the earrings would pull them down a bit.  I also folded in the edges to make a thicker, more sturdy base for the push pins.  Thats it!
 

Im excited to share some more photos of my finished studio soon!  Ive been enjoying every day I get to work in there.  I have some fun and exciting things Im working on, so creating a space that is highly functional and time saving has been a high priority.  Its been quite a challenge, but its coming together.  Id love to see a photo if you decide to do this for your own jewelry collection!

PEACE,
Laura

18 comments:

  1. oh!!! this would be perfect for me! thanks for sharing!
    xo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How easy and fun! Your earrings hanging from it are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a cool idea!!! this works for me or anyone else with only limited space!

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a great idea, i love how it adds a bohemian look to your room :)

    Kaye x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soo gorgeous! Your earring collection is AMAZING

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is seriously perfect. I'm always looking for ways to display and organize jewelry. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a good idea! Ah I love how it looks! I am definitely trying this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I use a crochet jewelry hanger that I made but I've been having mixed feelings about it lately. Might want to try this smart lace idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So simple yet so lovely. great idea thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a clever idea. . . .makes me wish I was a bit more organized!!!

    Jess x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are so great!
    Love the earrings too, by the way ;)

    xo
    http://kittysnooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. that is such a cute idea! love it! i have been looking for a cute idea to hang my jewelry at my craft fairs!
    xo,
    cb

    ReplyDelete
  13. Okay, now if that was my collection of jewelry I would be in Roots and Feather Heaven♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!