9.29.2011

Daily Outfit >>> Jimi Hendrix

 It is raining outside.  Im listening to First Aid Kit.  Bella is sitting next to me.  It is peaceful.  Today I wore my daddies Jimi Hendrix tshirt.  I cut it up a bit to be a bit more girly.  He wore this shirt all the time when he was going out.  I always thought it was cute, it was his idea of a nice shirt.  And gosh he looked handsome in gray shades with his salt and pepper hair.  I told him how good he looked everytime he wore this shirt, maybe that is why he wore it so much.  I miss him everyday.  It is the oddest feeling in the world to walk this journey with no parents by my side.  Everything I do I want to call them and show them.  There are so many exciting things happening in my life right now, I just want to jump up and down and talk ninety miles an hour to my mom.  And hear my dad say 'alright kiddo'!  Anyways... Im glad I have his shirt.  It made me smile today wearing it.

 I have also been swimming in beads!  Im working on new things like crazy.  I have so much to list.  I havent posted the new stuff on here yet, but I have been adding new things to the Roots and Feathers shop.  And there are a few cute ones coming to Violet Bella soon too.  I have a bunch of new feather in a bottle necklaces in the works that you can see below.  And the pic of me below is me working in my studio :)

 I snapped the cutest photo ever of Bella last night!  Is she not precious?  She follows me EVERYWHERE.  I mean everywhere.  She is such a mommas girl, its almost ridiculous at times.  But I do love it.  Id much rather a cat with her butt in my face all the time, than a kitty who didnt like snuggles and love!  We had peas with dinner last night which made her a happy little girl.  She LOVES peas.  We dont really feed our animals people food, just tiny little hints here and there.  Bella loves peas and corn, her favorites!  She got two peas :) 

 Tomorrow is the last day to enter all 3 giveaways going on right now!  See the right side bar under 'current giveaways' to visit them all if you have not already!  Ill announce the winners at the beginning of October.

 PEACE,
Laura

15 comments:

  1. Your shirt is amazing. Thank you for sharing. I hope one day when my parents are gone and in peace, I am as brave and strong as you are. Also love the photo of your cat, she is so cute! Stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're so gorgeous, love that shirt, awesome that it belonged to your dad too, all the more meaningful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love your tee. perfectly worn in vintage tees are my favourite! and yes, bella is ADORABLE!! i want to cuddle her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this post, actually made me tear up. It also reminded me of when I was Pregnant with Kai. I would wear all of my hubbies band shirts. they were worn in, and fit well!
    In fact, it always put a smile on my hubbys face, to see "us" wearing those t's..
    -m

    ReplyDelete
  5. That outfit is so great! It's so sweet that you are wearing your daddy's tee- this post makes me tear up. You are so sweet and there is so much love in the way you talk about your parents.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are such a beauty! I so wish i had things from my parent's. I do have one of my Grandpa's naval anchor pins. it brings me so much joy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. a friend just sent me a link to your blog, thinking I would love it. She thought right. so much beauty here. ps. i adore the cardinal by your window.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh, i own quite a few hendrix t's myself, but none of them equal the story of meaning behind your father's. it looks perfect on you. i wear my grandmothers' old costume jewelry.
    http://honeybeelane.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww your kitty is so beautiful! My kitty likes peas, too! Have a lovely weekend!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. your jimmy hendrix shirt is super sweet! love the fringe, you look awesome!
    xo,
    cb

    ReplyDelete
  11. You wear it so well! I think the story behind it is what makes it look so good on you! Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are too cute! New follower/stalker/whatever here :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. The shirt is super cute. I love how you added your own touch to it! Miss Bella is so gorgeous! I love love love fluffy kitties. I have a new kitten and she is such a cuddle bug. She follows me around the house and meows until I pick her up. She's content to be in my arms for hours! I thought about making a kitty sling (like the baby slings) just for her! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!