9.29.2011

Bird Watching >>>

One thing I love love love about our new house is how close I am to our wildlife outside.  At our house in town we still had alot of birdies around, but never close enough to get photos of them.  We have two areas set up in the backyard for them to play in, and they come everymorning and evening to feed, get some water and play.  This gorgeous cardinal mom and pop below have been hanging out in the feeder outside my studio window.  Im so glad we hung it up there, now I can watch them while I work!  The other day I saw a bright orange bird, but it flew off before I could capture.  Im waiting for the day it returns when I have my camera in hand.  It was sooooo amazing!  I definitely have a deep spot in my heart for these little feathered creatures.  I feel so blessed to have them around me.


And these little guys come everyday to steal away the birdies food, little rascals.  Violet loves chasing them, but they are way too quick and nimble for her.  I caught this one sprawled out on the bird bath the other day, just hanging out for a long time.  I think it was cool on his belly.  All of these pics were taken through the window from inside the house.  I scare them away when I open the door...

Today is the last day to sign up for blog sponsorship in October.  I only have small spots left for only $10.  See the side button for details.

PEACE,
Laura

14 comments:

  1. Bird watching is one of my favorites. I love that I can also share that time with my family. The other week when Joey was still home we sat in the yard on a blanket watching a woodpecker peck away at a tree above us for as long as we could before it went out of our sight range. They are magical creatures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this...how sweet. I like to watch the birds outside our windows too and am going to be putting up a feeder this winter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow so many different kinds of birds! awesome that you get a little cardinal, he is sooo cute!
    xo,
    cb

    ReplyDelete
  4. You get some pretty darn cute visitors in your backyard :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute! Here in Brussels I basically only see pigeons... But I still manage to take tons of pictures of them, haha :) I also love to watch birds, it's so calming.

    Love your blog!

    xx Viola

    ReplyDelete
  6. aw such great photos you managed to capture! I am dying for some birdies to visit me in my yard! our lawn is too bare right now (new house) and the forest is too far away from the house to see any of them up close. hopefully when we start on our gardens they will come!
    xo dana
    thewonderforest.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those photos are wonderful :) The squirrel photo is my favorite-so cute! I currently live out in the country but will be moving into an actual neighborhood home sometime next year (hopefully), and having so much wildlife close by at all times is what I'm going to miss most.
    P.S. Good luck capturing a photo of the orange one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. aw they are adorable! i want the red one haha. i like your new layout! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, that is so awesome. I'm totally jealous! Those are some great photographs :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. How adorable! I seriously just lol-ed at that squirrel picture- so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute pictures! I love squirrels. I have a bird feeder but it's mainly the squirrels that eat there. It's fun to watch them dangle from the tree trying to open the feeder! :) I have lots of fun birds around my house though. There's even a pair of hawks that I often spot in the woods next to my home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, how beautiful ...these shots are divine; you are so lucky to have such gorgeous birds flitting amongst your garden - love love love!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your photographs are beautiful, thanks for sharing them :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!