12.31.2012

THREADS - AZTEC RUST

This is the little number I wore to my Nanna's birthday dinner.  I had planned on wearing this dress from Flying Tomato for christmas, but since I was feeling well, I opted for skinny cords and a sweater... I LOVE the color of this dress, I mean love.  I'm crazy for different brown tones.  And I adore the kaftan style, one of my favorites.  Its so lightweight.  It came with a blue belt that ties in a bow, but for this outfit I wanted to stick to the color palette.  I paired it with the beautiful deerskin belt from Sun & Glory that was featured in our last lookbook for The Bohemian Collective.  And speaking of lookbook pieces, the necklace was in the one before that... a beautiful one of a kind buffalo tooth necklace from Gypsies Caravan.  Two of my favorite designers.  And the bracelets are from 3 more of my favorite designers... Spirit Y Sol, Spiral Drift & Flourish Leather.  I will never stop loving accessorizing my outfits with beautiful handmade creations from people I truly believe in.  It feels so good to support other artisans doing what they love.  Knowing this path deeply within myself, I feel like we are in it together.  And... are these BC Footwear boots not the most perfect thing with this dress?  Eeek!  I think they were secretly made for each other. 

Love this dress?  Or any of the other beautiful items found at Flying Tomato?  Come back later for an amazing giveaway from them!!!  Today is the last day to get 20% off their entire site!

post signature
 
Share

7 comments:

  1. I looooove this look! The dress is perfection and the boots are super cute. So tribal, so boho so pretty!
    Happy new years!
    Peace & Love
    www.foreverboho.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful!! (as always.) I love seeing our pieces being worn as part of your gorgeous outfits-- you truly bring them to life.
    Sending you lots of love and light in the new year. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this so much :) xx Happy New Year!

    aurora

    rottennuke.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness, I am in love with this outfit, especially the tights and boots!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are a vision of loveliness dear laura! happy new year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That rust color is so beautiful!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm feeling you on brown.

    About 90% of my wardrobe is brown or tinted brown in some way. I'm heavily drawn to earthy greens...and brown. =)

    And there is just way too much to love about this outfit. So pretty on you! <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!