12.04.2012

PIECES OF HOME

Now that I am getting used to taking more photos with my camera that are not just for instagram, or with my usual pretty colors and filters, I'll probably be sharing alot more of these little peeks into our daily routines.  It's just too easy not to.  I love looking back on these little memories.

1. bella plopped on the floor.  i say plop, b/c she literally walks and just plops down into full on stretch out mode on the floor, with all the sounds affects to go with it.  its quite cute.

2. james new coffee, that is is very excited about.  he loves to try new coffees and is all about how its made and sourced.  he watched a show about this guy who goes and directly tests and brings home the coffee beans himself, instead of going through tons of middle men.  james was intrigued with what he had to say about the coffee, so he ordered some himself.  its so cute to hear him describe the coffees to me, he gets really into it.  and has a secret wish of owning his own coffee shop.

3. my studio.  i decided i wanted to break out my sewing machine on a more regular basis again, but my studio was driving me bonkers.  i wanted to pull out my antique sewing desk and actually use it, so i did some rearranging, which turned into an all day affair, but one that was so worth it.  ill share some pics of my new little corner soon.  

4. miss violet.  her and nico have been a little mia from the blog lately, as bella has stole the spot light!  we had to take her into the vet yesterday to see about a bump on her lip.  turns out its just a pollup and nothing cancerous.  whew.  today i am taking pics of my vet's office employees with their pets, eek!

5. yummy pasta.  i made some cold pasta i could have in the fridge for the next few days so i wouldn't have to think about lunch.  im excited to soon be diving into laura emily's chakra cupboard course... for this is an area in my life i struggle with on a constant basis.  i eat pretty well, but always know it could be so much better, if i only allowed myself the time and space to arrange it to happen.

6. so, i counted the birdies on my tree, i have 15.  whoa.  a little bird crazy?

7. bella being silly last night.  she gets super crazy every night before bedtime.  the rug she is laying on in the first photo is usually her playground at night.  all of a sudden we will hear her slide, and then skid on the floor, and then quickly run away, trying to gain traction on the wood floors, and we hear her back toenails desperately trying to gain motion.  its so hilarious.  she will do this over and over.  she is sliding on the rug.

post signature
 
Share

8 comments:

  1. i LOOOOOVE this post. all the glimpses of your home which are really glimpses of you. :) and i can totally see james owning a coffee shop...that is right up his alley.

    i think my fave pic is the one of violet. glorious!!!!

    been thinking about you, lovely.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving your studio- very inspiring. The pictures are a true peak into your life. The bird ornaments, animals, food- it's all an everyday experience. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful christmas tree!

    Love&Peace,Betty <3
    http://ajourneythroughlife4.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoy more intimate posts like this that give us a peak into your everyday life :)

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your fur babies are SO sweet!!!! They look so soft and cuddly!!! My fat cat (Mr. Frodo) plops a lot too. He'll walk two steps then "fump" on the floor. Sometimes right in front of me when I'm walking lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pets are too adorable. I love it when kitties stretch like in photo 1...It will tug at my soul without fail!

    I completely understand James' love and appreciation for coffee. COMPLETELY. I'll need to take a peek at that brand, I believe I saw a commercial for that show.

    Now that I'm done with the current semester, I'm VERY excited to get back into the rearranging and redecorating I started at the end of the summer. I've been itching to get creative on my own time and will, and finally I can. Plus I desperately need to learn how to sew, just as I desperately need to learn how to follow a HEALTHY diet. Chakra cupboard, you say? Hmmm...

    Glad all is well, always happy to see what you will share with us, Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You also have helped me realize that I need to find a special ornament this year for my own tree, and keep it rolling as a yearly tradition of a new special ornament.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have such adorable pets, I love them so very much!!! Also, that pasta made me hungrrrry.

    I love the coffees!!! I am a coffee addict and I go crazy over new brands, flavors... ground coffee, beans, k-cups... the list goes on. One of the greatest simple joys is getting a new coffee flavor to brew for Jen and I!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!