12.02.2012

BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION

outfit details:  hat - target // sweater - f21 // tank - sevenly // velvet bellbottoms - iconoclap // boots - bcfootwear // necklace + bracelet - spiral drift

Friday I spent the whole day with my bestie, her twin and her other sister, to celebrate their 30th birthday.  Her twin was my bestie all through junior high... funny how things work out.  It was the first time the four of have hung out together, I think in our entire lives, without it being a family thing.  It was so nice to spend the day with these girls... I love them so much.  Each so different, but yet the same.  We shopped like crazy girls and stopped for italian along the way.  It was a very good day.  Both Ann and I were on the verge of migraines all day... but mine stayed at bay until that night.  I had a real migraine the whole night through and next day... and I had to miss their bowling party last night b/c of it.  So bummed.  So I'm very grateful for the time we spent the day before!
Two cute things I found.  I can't remember the name of the store the skull shirt came from... I found the sweet birdies at world market and got them for my tree, for my parents.  The cardinal is of course my mama.  I wish they had a roadrunner for my dad, but this beautiful bird will do.  I should count how many birds I have on my xmas tree, probably a ton!

p.s. today is the last day to enter the Soulmakes giveaway, and get 20% off in their shop with the code 'rootsofmysoul'.

post signature
 
Share

7 comments:

  1. i just got chills to find out we share a mom/cardinal connection. love the look of the ornaments.. and there's nothing like that flash of red to put a smile on my face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That shirt is super cute!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your outfit is incredibly bohemian of you :)

    xo Ashley
    luckylittlebird.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun! I hope your bestie had a beautiful birthday!

    I love World Market. My city used to have one but they went out of business several years ago. I'd always find the neatest stuff there.

    I'm sorry to hear of your migraine, and I hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. World Market. Wow. I was just there. I adore that place. I am always so inspired there. If I could live there, I'm sure I'd be content.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, meaningful ornaments. I'm so glad you had such a good time with your friends (and sad to hear about the migraine - they destroy plans). Also, love your sweater (and that we both have it :)).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!