6.05.2011

A thrifting date leads to a...

Yesterday James and I had a thrifting date.  We went to Kerrville to go to some of our favorite thrift shops and get coffee at our favorite coffee shop, Spirit Wind Java.  From the start of the day, it seemed destined to be doomed, from dealing with our internet issues, and then James dropped his phone and it stopped working.  So we had to make a pit stop at Sprint.  So far we have only had horrible experiences with the people who work at sprint, at least in the city.  We dread going in there.  But much to our surprise, everyone in Kerrville was so super nice and extremely helpful.  So not only did we get james phone fixed, and got alot of questions answered about our internet, i got a new phone!  My upgrade had been up for over a year but I hesitated on spending the money.  But they had super great limited deals with in store rebates and such, so I decided to bite the bullet and upgrade with the rest of the world to a smart phone.  Im a bit behind the times I guess.  So now, I get to take my own photos instead of always having to steal James phone!  This is going to be great!  Im so excited.  So when we got home, I kind of took photos of everything on our porch.  It was like Id never had a camera before, ha ha, so funny.  I have a bunch of my moms old planting pots, and some mosaiced ones...

(oh, and i got a Doors tshirt at a thrift shop for .49 cents, SCORE!)


This is the view from our back porch.  Behind our fence there is a whole line of trees that separates us from the other street.  Im hoping and praying no one comes along and builds back there.  Someone owns the land to come up and camp on for now, and that is just fine with me!


My mom's sun broke during the move, and I just cant bare to throw it away.  James actually was the one that brought it over here to keep it.  So sweet.  I still love it, even if it is just half of a sun.

Um... I need some dirt!!!

Bella absolutely loves sprawling out on the porch.  She goes outside now most mornings with Violet and plays outside for quite a while.  I love that she is able to spend so much time outdoors now.  She was limited to a concrete porch at the old house b/c we were right in town.

This is me, right now.  Just woke up.  Coffee in hand.  Wearing my favorite PPP pj pants & a thermal.  Getting ready to start my day. 

PEACE,
Laura

14 comments:

  1. I stumbled upon your blog a few days ago and have found it a thoroughly enjoyable read :) This particular post caught my attention for the simple fact that you mentioned "Kerrville". That happens to be where my husband was 'spawned'. :) Small world. Anyhoo, your blog is a pleasure, and I hope that the rest of your weekend is Fantabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Bella! She's such a fluffy little nugget of a cat! ;) I just want to hug her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doors shirt for 49 cents? Heck yeah!! I love the broken ceramic-thingys you have glued. I think I need to try that sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Bella, so beautiful. and your lucky to have a yard. Thats one thing i miss living in a city.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore your blog so much! Probably my favorite read ;) I too finally got a smart phone--well, it was given to me becasue my phone was 3 years old and the buttons were beggining to break, lol. I just don't use any data on it...I just use it for texting and calls. I know--I should get with the program!

    ReplyDelete
  6. kayla, thank you so much! sounds like your hubby got out of kerrville, huh? dont blame him :)

    cassie, thank you :) im just now getting with the program! ha ha. its a bit distracting though, ive hardly worked all day! eeeek!

    thanks everyone for the kitty love, bellas loves you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still love your blog so much. you are so beautiful, everythings here are so cosy.. aww give me your world ! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello! What are these thrift shops in Kerrville? My best friend lives there and I'm going to visit her. I loooove Mamacitas there and Gibsons general store. So old-timey!

    (the store, not mamacitas...)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I never find band shirts at thrift stores, lucky you!! :)
    Oh & I LOVE those pants!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm digging your pj's!!! so cute! I am so excited I found your blog today! I can't wait to go back and read your older post and get to know you better! I would be honored if you would visit my blog and tell me what you think!

    thank you,
    xoxo

    NAT

    ReplyDelete
  11. len, xo.

    katie, they are in ingram, a few miles out of kerrville... i think one is called just Thrift Store or something generic like that. i cant remember the one we found yesterday, but it is right as you are leaving kerrville past the walmart area. just drive down that road out of kerrville towards ingram! and there are two in kerrville together, on the backroad past the college, again dont remember the names...

    jamie, it was lucky, i usually dont! although it wasnt true vintage, so not as cool, but still cute!

    natalie, thank you dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. insanely in love with your blog! keep up the fabulous posts(:

    http://breathingin-gabie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. your blog makeover is beautiful,
    still waiting on you to visit Australia to share with you some Gay Time icecreams!!! :):)
    Annette xxxx
    p.s- you inspire me every day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bella, the porch princess. I love your cat!

    In Singapore, thrift shops aren't usually a "thrifty choice".

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!