1.28.2012

A Night out with Fred Eaglesmith >>>

 Last night we saw one of my alltime favorite musicians play at Floores.  Fred Eaglesmith holds a sweet spot in my heart, and especially b/c its shared between me and my bestie.  The songs from Paradise Motel just bring me back to a time in my life and make me want to weep everytime I hear them.  This was the first time seeing him since his mandolin player passed away.  He is now paired up with The Ginn Sisters (who are from Texas) for this tour.  They were amazing and made me want more more more.  They kind of intoxicated me.  Im so glad that this canadian loves to come to our home town about once a year.  Ill never forget the first time I saw him play at the Cabaret in our hometown before it shut down.  And then another time that was just so very special... The first week James and I started dating.  We drove to Gruene with our friends and had a magical evening.  One of my top memories for several reasons.

Of course I was excited to get dolled up for a night out... you know how I love the clothes.  A true weakness.  I thought Id show you real quick how I transitioned what I wore during the day to my evening outfit.  Simple change of the shorts to a skirt, mocs to boots and throw on a sweater and accessories.  These are my favorite kind of outfits.  Do you spy miss Violet in the background?  :)
 <<< outfit details >>>
sweater - threadsence
tank - forever 21
skirt - forever 21
 tights - target
boots - blowfish
 necklace & bracelet - moorea seal
 earrings - roots and feathers (coming soon)

Here are just a few of my favorite Fred Eaglesmith songs:
PEACE,
Laura

7 comments:

  1. You're so pretty and I love your quick transition outfit. I'm gonna have to give this guy a listen being as I'm Canadian and all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your eclectic ethnic style, as always

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the mixed prints in your evening outfit. Great necklace too. I'm glad to hear that you had a good time.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gypsy woman after my own heart, as always.

    Something about your writing in this post, or maybe the light in the photographs, makes me want to find the magic that I seem to have already lost so far this year. So, thank you Laura. For always being a source of some kind of inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you pair my jewelry with your clothes. I think you are possibly the perfect client for my current jewelry :)
    xo moorea

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful, laura! you're such a pro at mixing patterns. And that asymmetrical skirt is awesome.
    xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh how gorgeous you are. so glad you got to have such a wonderful evening!!! you deserve it!!

    i've been life-swamped and am so sorry i've not commented as often as i'd like but i read every post. you look so beautiful here.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!