9.24.2009

The Circle Game


THE CIRCLE GAME

autumn is here, a new beginning to this continuous circle of life. the summer was dried up with no trips to the river. it was a huge change in venue as far as work. it has brought a huge shift in morality and personality within myself. i have clung to desperations that did not belong to me, i have lost them, leaving it behing me forever. sometimes looking back on one's self can be a huge discovery of untold truths that can be painful and disgusting, but can cocoon a beautiful butterfly if given the chance.

i feel i am still inside this cocoon, but getting ready to stretch my wings.


"only a dark coccoon before i get my gorgeous wings and fly away"
-joni mitchell


the falling of the leaves makes me smile immensly. the saturation of the ground when it gets wet. the chill that bites your nose. the comfort of snuggling in a jacket and scarf. the smell in the air.

this is my favorite time of year.

bless this earth for being so sacred and beautiful.

xoxo.
laura

"The seasons, they go round and round
and the painted ponies go up and down
were captive on a carousel of time
we cant return, we can only look
behind from where we came
and go round and round and round
in the circle game"

-joni mitchell
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your sweet comments!